Monday, August 31, 2009

ta-ta twirling

Some people might consider me a bit of a prude. But guess what this prude did this past Saturday?
Twirled tassels with my boobies.
Yup. You read correctly. I stuck some nipple tassels to my ta-ta's and proceeded to learn how to move my body in such ways to make them twirl around.
I'll elaborate.

I have a wonderful friend who is getting married this Sunday; therefore, this past weekend was her lovely bachelorette party. Her fantastic maid of honor had arranged for 11 ladies to take a burlesque dance class. At first I panicked slightly when I heard this because the thought of moving my body in a sexual way kind of makes me want to cry a little, but I was reassured it was going to be fun and silly and definitely no nudity.
Sweet. I'm in.

We get there and we're handed boas and gloves (I score the pink ones -- I was happy). The instructor was a little hardcore, but whatever. We've all had a few glasses of champagne so we were in for a good time. At first the routine starts innocently enough -- a little playing of the boa, walking around, some booty shaking -- nothing too crazy. This goes on for thirty minutes or so and suddenly we get to what the instructor called "the bra section". Okay. She starts showing us and suddenly I realize she's expecting us to remove our bras and dance around topless.
Panic.
However, before she removes her top she explains we are going to be on nipple tassels.
More panic.
She walks over, grabs a pair, takes off the tape and suddenly exposes her boobs to show up how to put them on. No one moves. We're all staring with our jaws on the floor.
I proceed to laugh.
She says to walk over and grab and pair and we do slowly but no one makes a move to put them on. The maid of honor looks at me and laughs and states there's a good chance I could spontaneously combust.
She would be correct.
Suddenly one of the ladies loses all modesty and throws off her shirts and says, "C'mon, ladies!! Put on your tassels!" That encourages others.
Not me, however.
Then I think, well, shit. I can't be the ONLY one who says, 'Later, ladies. I'm sitting this one out. Peace.' So, I put my balls to the wall and stick some tassels to my tits.
Before you know it, we're all standing in front of a mirror bouncing up and down, trying to figure out how to make them twirl every which way imaginable.
I laugh throughout the entire thing.

This may sound a bit "out there", but I learned something quite valuable from this experience.

I've always had issues with my body - mainly "I'm a fatty". I feel it's really caused me to miss out on a lot of things and I use it as an excuse. I've always compared myself to other girls trying to figure out how others might see me. I went to college with the maid of honor and in my opinion, her body rocks. She has boobs for days, a little waist, hips and long, toned legs. Yea, I know...I hate her, too. I've also been one to look at magazines and celebrities and assume that's what most women look like. Cellulite, stretch marks, fat roles and jiggly arms don't exist on anyone who is thought to be "attractive".
LIES.
I stood in a room full of woman, all different shapes and sizes and realized ALL woman have these things. We get so wrapped up in these images we see on TV and in magazines that we've forgotten what REAL women look like. They look like me and everyone else in that class. And we're all hot.
I walked away realizing I'm not so bad. I may have small breasts and some pudge around my middle section, but that's okay. That's sexy, too. You just have to own it.


All in all, nipple tassels turned out to be a rather liberating experience.
Who knew?

2 comments:

  1. You are a really funny girl! We need to get to know each other better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. Humor must run in the family. ;)

    ReplyDelete